We woke up to some heavy rain today. Maggie left early for class. I slept a little longer, then had some breakfast arranged by our invisible host. When I left for the villa a little later, it was still raining. It continued to rain all day, only stopping by the evening.
On my way back up to the villa, I picked up an umbrella, then stopped by the leather shop to see if my belt was ready. It lacked only a buckle, and he attached that in a matter of minutes. After a quick size check, he hammered in the belt holes and I was good to go. I put it on and thanked him. We (sort of) chatted a little longer, then I continued on to the villa.
Because it was raining, I stayed in most of the day. It was a good excuse to stay off my ankle. I did some blogging (that sounds pretty funny), iced the ankle, then got ready for dinner in town with Maggie's Mom and Aunt. As it happens, they were also in Italy to visit Maggie and do some traveling. Having just been down south of Genova for a couple days, they were now back in Genova to see Maggie before flying home. Maggie's mom treated us to a wonderful dinner at a tiny restaurant off of Genova's most famous street, Via Garibaldi, famous for being the home of Genova's most well-heeled in the 17th century. It's quite a pretty little street.

Walking to the Clemson villa on Via Piaggio (mostly obscured by trees, the villa is visible in the middle of this poor photo, above center, under a stone house partly capped by a square, flat, dark roof)
No comments:
Post a Comment